Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ice Fishing

Last week I had a few days off so one afternoon I came home and said to Jonny..."lets go ice fishing". I think he almost passed out on me. He always is going and I wanted to see what all the hype was all about! Now I know.....well..... :)

I had a good time....We got all bundled up, grabbed a few totties and some munchies and headed out to Badger Creek to fish. 

Little did I know all the equipment and patience and time it takes setting up and taking it down!  After 3 hours in a "ice hut" and sitting on a bucket I was ready to roll out. We caught alot of bluegills (don't ask..i just know they are tasty) and Cropie (sp???). It was a great bonding afternoon for us to say the least..... :) Jonny was patient with me and I had fun!

Not sure when I'll go again......but.......it was quite the experience :) (Next time I will bring a few magazines with me or a book!) haha


"Come on" he's saying to me!!!
This will take all day if we have to take a picture every 30 seconds! 

Yes, that is a LARGE crack in the ice...OMG

 Setting up camp
At this point...i am still smiling....i'm not frost bitten just yet 
 The hut is up!!!
 The heater (thank goodness we had) and the fish sonar
 I GOT ONE!! (okay i really didn't catch it but I had to prove I could do it)
 The master!!!
 Time to go...I can't feel my toes! (thats me below)

3 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

OMG! Rusty goes ice fishing all the time! He always asks me to go and I never have! I for sure need to go now!:) He goes to Badger all the time so you'll have to tell Jonny!

Mere and Jonny said...

i will tell Jonny for sure. Jonny goes all the time too but mostly to big creek. we all should go sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Only YOU Mere would look stylish ice fishing! Love the hat!