Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Homemade artwork

A few months ago I had a girls weekend in MN with my mom and sister. We had to hit IKEA of course!  A  personal favorite of ours!  I was on the mission to find artwork to go above our master bedroom!

I fell in love with this room at IKEA (I was on a mission to find the artwork and a designer there told me it was actually fabric.....what a great idea I thought) (ps - I want to buy the baskets at the end of the bed next time...no room in the car this trip) Sooo......




I ended up buying the frames........found the fabric here in Des Moines that I wanted......and Waalah!!!  Jonny hung them and I LOVE how they turned out. Now I need to pull in some neat pillows for our bed to go with it.  This was pretty easy. I just used some old cardboard, adhesive spray and framed the fabric.  ALOT cheaper than buying the artwork itself....and now I can say no one else has these! ha


1 comment:

The Hamann Family said...

looks GREAT! You are such a GREAT decorator! :)