Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Part 2

This past weekend we left Thursday night to beat the storm and headed to Elk Horn. We had Christmas Eve at my aunt's house. We had church first and then headed out there for supper. She and my mom had made different types of soup! So good and a nice change! It was great to see everyone and relax by the fire and open a few gifts!

I left my camera at home (what was I thinking???).

Christmas Day we woke up and opened a few gifts at my mom's house. (We are really celebrating Christmas in January as Monica and Adam were in Texas this year to be with Adam's sister and mom and aunt/uncle and grandma.)  Mom and Jason made a wonderful breakfast and then Jonny and I took off to head back to Des Moines to take his mom to movie.  We went to "True Grit". It was a great movie! Glad we could do something with Margie on Christmas too! 

My mom came back to Des Moines on the 26th to do some "after the holidays" shopping with me. We scored some great sales at Target!!!!

It was a fast holiday! We always miss dad every year. His birthday was on Christmas Eve. We went down and put some greenry and a little christmas tree on his grave and wished him a happy birthday! He would have loved being around all of us during the holidays! I miss him dearly!

Happy New Year!

No comments: