We arose at 3 AM (yes you read that right...3 am) to start getting ready to go to the Iowa Game in Iowa City!!! Although both of us were pretty excited as I don't think we slept much either. Jonny had to make his smoothies this morning like he does EVERY morning for us :) Around 4:30 we headed to Monica and Adam's house to head to Iowa City. Adam and a few friends bought a new conversion van this year to take to the Iowa games. They got their own hawkeye plates for it and are going to be getting a custom paint job on it (black with yellow lightening strike). This van is awesome and has so much room!!! I even managed to change clothes in it today as it has pull down blinds :) We tailgated before the game as they have a great parking spot they get every year in a lot about 1 block from the stadium!!! Adam grilled TONS of food and we all brought sides. It was great food! I will say it was 58 degrees when we left and when i got home tonight it was 85.....gotta love Iowa falls. The game was great as they pulled off a great win! They have great season tickets as we are about 7 rows up on the 40 yard line :) Its awesome. I couldnt't handle the heat anymore and they were winning so Jonny and I took off back to the car around 4th quarter. We just got home about an hour ago. Jonny and I both have showered and don't plan on moving from the couch the rest of the night :)
I forgot to mention...there was one burger that got left to a crisp and was dropped on the ground multiple times....Adam paid a 15 year old (Carter Trewet) to eat it for $24...it was hilarious!! He did and here is a picture of the burger!! GROSS
What a fun day and great day to see the Hawks Win!! HORRAY!!!! Have a good rest of your labor day weekend everyone!!!
The head cook!!!
1 comment:
looks like a fun trip!!! LOVE the apron of Adam's!! :) hehe!
Post a Comment