What a fun weekend!! We spent the last 3 days in Storm Lake and wow did we have some fun!!! About 3 weeks ago Julie and I got talking about how her mom wanted to redecorate her house soooo beings I LOVE to decorate and paint...i offered some of my "ideas" and we booked a date and off to Storm Lake we went this weekend. Jonny and Josh came along to basically drink and golf the weekend away while us girls did our own thing. We didn't get up there till 9pm Friday night where Barb (julie's mom) had made us some lasagna!! It was great......oh did I mention we got lost on gravel roads up there....something about 2 major bridges were closed so we were totally lost for about 45 min. ha Oh and when we got out of the car Jonny says "Wow, it is going to smell like this all weekend?" We all busted out laughing while gagging as well. LOTS of pigs and cattle up north :) Yummy smelling. Must have been a bad night for the wind direction! LOL
Sat morning us girls headed to start looking at paint samples, carpet samples and flooring for their house while the guys headed off to spend the next 9 hours golfing in Storm Lake and Newell. We had some great luck and I think Barb has found the carpet, linoleum and paint she wants for 3-4 rooms! This is a good start and will keep her busy. NOW, of course we have to plan another trip up north to actually do the work! We might need some more manpower then!!I got to see Seiler Plumbing (Jerry has ALOT of stuff in that shop) and have a great donut at the SL Bakery!!!
Sat night, Josh, Julie, Jonny, myself and Jacquie and Kyle (Friends that julie knows from back home) went out to dinner at Bozwells. Great restaurant that I used to eat at! We then headed off to Puffs! First off, its nothing like it used to be. Brand new building and not the same old bar. They no longer serve pickled eggs that I love and no shuffle board.....but we did manage to have a fun night and I ran into 2-3 college friends that I used to know way back in the day! I can't believe I have been out of college for 7 years!! Where does the time go??
Sunday morning we headed into town so I could show Jonny where I spent 4 years of lots of studying and fun!!! I love the campus as it sits right on the water. They have built so many new buildings. It was sooo neat!!! Jerry then grilled some rib eyes for lunch! We were all stuffed but headed home. On our way home we stopped in Josh's home town of Carroll to say hi to his grandparents.... I have heard ALOT about Betty and Dewey (sp?) so I was excited to meet them. They were great! Hilarious!! Betty LOVES puzzles so her and her daughter were sitting at the table working on one. Jonny and I got the tour of the HUGE house and all her puzzles she collects. OH MY GOSH!!! There are no words to describe this! LOL Off to grab some ice cream and home!! Julie and I managed a good 30 min nap on the way home as the boys gabbed on about golfing and landscaping!!
It was a great weekend and thanks to Barb and Jerry for everything!!! We can't wait to come back and get more tours of the farm on the golf cart...but.... minus all the grasshoppers attacking me!!
Soo the bad news was...we were on our way up there and i noticed my digital camera's battery was dead......soo NOOO PICTURES this weekend. I was soo sad. Julie took some on her mom's camera so i might post some later!!!
What a fun weekend.....now onto laundry and making some home made salsa with all the veggies that my mom has given me..and Barb added to it as well now :) THANKS!!
1 comment:
mere the little designer!! :) i am sure you picked out GREAT things.. you are such a great decorator!!! :) Sounds like a fun trip!!!
Post a Comment