Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend in Galena

What a fun trip we had! We took off Thursday afternoon and picked up Josh as Julie was already over there for work. We got there and went out to dinner on Thursday night after checking in and then came back and sat in hot tub and swimming pool! We called it a night as everyone was tired!

Friday morning we got up and headed skiing at Chesnut Mountain which was about 8 miles out of Galena. Jonny and I skiied while Josh and Julie took snowboarding lessons. They did a great job for their first time at it. Jonny and I skiied most of the morning and afternoon and at 3pm I called it quits and went in and sat and relaxed. They came in shortly after that and we had some food and drinks. The guys went back out until 6pm and then we headed back to the hotel. Skiing was a great time. The mountain is really nice and the resort was great too! It reminded me of a little german town or Switzerland with the old buildings and great views of the river.

Friday night we went out downtown and was exhausted by 11pm and went to bed.

Saturday we got up and went shopping downtown Galena (i love shopping in all those cute antique places and we all got some great garlic mixes) and had lunch. Jonny and I had a spa reservation at 2:30 at Wild Clover Day Spa so we headed to the spa and boy was it wonderful! We had massages and facials. We had our own room with wine and it was super romantic! It was Jonny's first time and he loved it :) I think I have him hooked now!! It was so worth it and was so relaxing.

Saturday night Jonny and I grabbed pizza and stayed in our room! Josh and Julie hung out playing cards in their room and had a few beers and just relaxed too.

We took off back for DM this morning and made a stop in Williamsburg to shop around.

We had a great time and so glad we went with Josh and Julie. Going with them was so much fun and we look forward to our next trip with them.





2 comments:

The Hamann Family said...

sounds like a GREAT time!!! :) How fun!!!

Mon said...

looks like fun!