This year we had 5 Christmas's!!!! A few weeks ago Matt and Arika had us all over for Christmas. Arika made good Mexican and we opened presents and played games. Was fun. The next week we met up with Jonny's grandma Russell, Eunice! She now lives in an apartment close to the nursing home where Grandpa Jack is at. She gave us some great gifts and we had some munchies and a few drinks. The next night we met up with Jonny's dad, Jim, and his girlfriend, Val and Arika and Matt and Savannah. We had a late lunch/early dinner at Famous Dave's! It was great to see all of the Russell's and catch up with them all.
Then there was New Year's! We met went out with Josh and Julie. We didn't want to go out this year as we just wanted a low key night so we had a drink at a local restaurant and then came back to their place for some great food (thanks jules for the food and jonny for cooking some great burrito casserole) and games! We stopped by Mon/Adam's house for a drink as they were having company over later that night so we didn't stay long. Was a great New Year and i hope 2009 is even better than last year!
This week has been pretty laid back. I am really getting back into the swing of working out and so am committing myself hard core to it and get ready for summer! So far I've been doing good and working out alot and eating right...its hard when Jonny loves 4 course meals and can eat anything he wants and stays the same size :) hahah
Tuesday night, I met up with my good friend, Amy Wedmore and her son, Max. I hadn't seen Max in a long long time so it was great to catch up with her and see Max.
Sat afternoon I took Sarah (Jonny's cousin) out to lunch at La Mie and for a pedicure! We gave this to her for Christmas and with the snow, it was a great day to pamper ourselves. She had never had one so I took her to a nice place in WDM and we both loved it :)
Sat night we went out for Sushi Sat night with Monica and Adam at Samauri! It was soo good and is very healthy! Even though we live in the same city, its hard to get our schedules together to do something the 4 of us so was fun to see them and just hang out us 4!
Today I drove up to Ankeny to see my good friend from High School, Mindy Cathcart and Andy and son, Brady. Brady is so cute and only a month old. He's a spitting image of Min and is growing and has changed so much since I last saw them! I hadn't seen their new basement or Brady's room so was fun to catch up and had been wayyy too long!
I'll try and be better about posting now that the holidays are over! Another busy week as I am traveling to South Dakota (fun...i know) for work! Have a great week everyone!
1 comment:
Love all of the pics!!! Sounds like a great New Years!
Post a Comment