We had a wonderful and romantic time! The weather was a tad chilly but I can't complain......it was in the 60's all week so that is better than the weather we had here all week :)
We did alot of fun things....and I might say we ate ALOT of seafood :) Both Jonny and I LOVE Crab Legs! Its our favorite :) We TRIED to go on a helicopter ride (i would have loved this) but it was too windy.....and we tried to go parasailing ...too windy as well!!! Just not much to do due to high winds!!!
Jonny made friends with Captain Billy!! He is a real captain of a crab boat but is originally from Iowa. He said he would ship us some crab for free so we are looking forward to that! I was dying laughing when he told me he met a fisherman captain!! Only Jonny!
We flew in Monday and had some delays so we didn't get there till later...we got our car rental and headed to the Hilton Resort which was RIGHT on Clearwater Beach and the Gulf :) I've been to Florida a few times before but this was Jonny's first time! Our hotel was a 5 star hotel and we had OCEAN view from our room! I didn't want to leave!!!! We headed to Crabby Bill's to eat and then to a few bars after dinner. It was a long day but were excited for the rest of the week!
Tuesday we got up and went to Clearwater Marine! We did "some" shopping and then headed back to the hotel to walk along the beach and on Pier 60. I know Jonny wanted to "fish" soooo bad, but it was terrible weather (per the Fisherman on the pier) so he'll have to do it next time. We drove along the Gulf for a few hours stopping at different beaches. It was a great day. We stayed in Tuesday night and just lounged in our hotel as it was starting to get COLD.
Wednesday we got up EARLY and headed down to the beach. I decided that since Jonny was obsessed with the water and the shells, that I would rent a "cabanna" and 2 chairs and hang out reading my book and drinking coffee all morning! 3 hours later i was able to drag him away and we headed to Tampa to their International Plaza!! NEIMAN MARCUS and MACY'S...i was in heaven!! :) Although i've been there before, it was still fun and fun to show Jonny a totally different part of Florida. St Pete/Clearwater area is very residential, little crab shacks, low key, etc....def. his type and then there is Tampa which is humming with tons of traffic and lots going on..more my type :) haha We went out to eat last night at Frenchy's (another awesome seafood resturaunt) and then stolled along the shops and called it a night. It was soo romantic :)
It was a FAST FAST trip but a wonderful trip!! Jonny picked a great resort as the views were amazing and it was a wonderful 30th birthday present! Next time we are going farther south like the Keys or staying longer ;) We flew back Thursday and needless to say, we were NOT ready to come back!!! It is FREEEZING in Iowa!!! (burrrrr)
We missed Max alot and was glad to come home to him!! I don't think a day went by that I didn't get this from Jonny: " do you think Max misses us?" or "I wonder what Max is doing right now". I missed him too but I was needing a vacation!!!! Its been wayyyy too long!!
Here are a few pics that we took. ALOT of the water, and only a few of us. Its hard going on vacation with just 2 people because there aren't alot of pictures the two of us!! As you can tell, it was a littly chilly in almost all the pictures!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a GREAT vacation!!! :) What a fun time - - so nice that the two of you were able to get away! - - lucky lucky! We need to get together now that you are back! - Nick has some money for Jonny too! :)
Post a Comment