Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gotta love small towns!!!

This weekend is a great example of why I love the small town I grew up in! Many of you know my brother broke both his feet in a fork lift accident and this weekend the Kimballton and Elk Horn Fire Departments held a charity/auction for him...and his friend Jeremy Petersen!

It was amazing!!! Over 200 people from my hometowns and surrounding towns came together to help raise money for these two!! Our family was amazed how many people came. They had a buffet with wonderful food and then did an auction where people had made or donated items!! The auction itself took 3 hours! There was so much stuff!!!

Jason (and Jeremy) was soo appreciative of everything that everyone did......and this is the exact reason I am proud to be part of a great community like Elk Horn and Kimballton is!!! Jason was overwhelmed with emotions!!! It was a wonderful weekend and Thanks to everyone who came and donated items :)

I don't have the final number of what was raised but there were some businesses that were going to match the entire amount!! Amazing!!! Here are some pics! Enjoy! (Mindy - my picture of you and I didn't come out...sorry :( )



































Oh and Friday night Jonny and I babysat Jack...Mon and Adam's dog. Here is a quick picture of jonny and jack in the back yard!!! It was fun and he loves to come to his aunt and uncle's house :)




2 comments:

The Hamann Family said...

how GREAT!!!! I LOVE small towns... isn't it great to see how everyone jumps in to help out! :) I bet Jason and your family are so excited!

Megan said...

Wish I could have been there!