Friday, May 13, 2011

Brand New Deck

This past week and weekend we worked on staining our deck. Picking out a color was half our battle..but after looking at 3 different colors and returning 2, we found the one! FEUF!!!!

We have silver spindles (I'm sure there is a real name for them but i have no idea). I knew that was going to be a challenge with dark stain to "not get the stain" on the spindles! It was so hard. After the process going too slow for us, we got the stain on it and now just need to sand it off. It should come right off!

There was one point when we looked at each other and wondered if we would ever get it done....and we fought strong winds both days. Not a fun project but love the outcome!

It changed the look of the deck dramatically! It took about 2 1/2 days for Jonny and I both to do it and over 2 gallons of stain. I love it!!!!!


The before


Jonny  hard at work! (NOTE: wear gloves...ruined my hands and nails)


After



All thats missing is us sitting on the deck enjoying it :)

No comments: