Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We got ENGAGED!

This past weekend was such a special weekend. We headed to Galena (our favorite little long weekend get away) for a nice weekend away. We try and go there about once a year if we can.  Its the perfect little town and very relaxing yet has amazing views and alot to do.

Friday we putzed around town and went to dinner downtown on main street but called it a night early as we had a BIG day planned ...or should I say Jonny had a BIG day planned for us ;)

Saturday morning we shopped around town and went back to resort and freshened up and headed out to Galena Cellars Winery where Jonny had planned a private tour of the winery finished with a romantic table for two out in the middle of the winery. I had no idea what was going on but I went along with it and thought he was just being romantic.

We shared some wine and walked around and then he took me out to this arbor in the middle of the vineyard and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was the most surprising and special moment of my life. I had no idea!  I was crying and in total shock.  It was the perfect proposal and

I LOVE my ring!  Jonny's dad is a jeweler so he made our ring. Jonny and I desinged it together.  After so long in the process I was left out and Jonny surprised me with the final...its perfect and is "me" :) 
It has diamonds from my dad's wedding ring that I wanted to incorporate to have a part of him with me for the rest of my life!  It is a very special ring that alot of love and thought was put into it! Thanks to Jim Russell for making it..its amazing.

We had a fun filled rest of the weekend but Saturday was the perfect day and it was the most amazing day ever!  I will never forget a single detail that he put into it.

Thanks for all the Congrats we've received. We are super lucky to have some amazing friends and family surround us with their love and support and share this special time in our lives.

I can't wait to start planning the big day!!!!
I love you Babe and can't wait to marry you!!


the view from our room/resort...was amazing


This was before the proposal but sitting at the table enjoying everything


Entering the vineyards


Heading out to dinner to celebrate

Dinner downtown Sat night


 Our view from our table.....was awesome

3 comments:

Taylors - RT, Janelle, Kayson & Cora said...

Again... brings tears to my eyes!! What a wonderful story of how your 'new' life will begin. We are so happy for you!!!

Monica said...

CONGRATS! We are so happy for you guys. Now onto all the plans!

Anonymous said...

WAHOO!!! We are super excited for you two.Let the planning begin:)

-jules-