Monday, October 11, 2010

Work day on the farm!

Last weekend Monica, Adam, Jonny and I headed to Elk Horn to help tear out around 15 trees at Mom's house. They all were dead and got a disease this year so mom and Jason decided to tear them out and start all over! It was sad....the trees were around 17 years old so they were pretty big and provided a good "wind block" to the house. Now they are going to plant all new trees soon!

Jonny ran the skid loader, I ran the 4 wheeler, Monica picked up branches and supervised the dogs, Adam and Jason cut all the trees down. We had a system down and managed to get it done in 5 hours. They are sitting in a huge burn pile waiting to burn them all at once. (i recommended calling the fire department when they do it..its a HUGE pile)
We all had a good time. I can't believe that I wore "camo" and rode a 4 wheeler all day but I had a blast. ha
It was nice to get out of the city and enjoy a weekend at Mom's. Its been a while since I had been there!



No comments: