Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend in Kansas City

This past weekend, my mom, Monica and I took off for a 'girls weekend' in Kansas City. What a great time we had and it was much needed. We took Friday off from work and got up early and headed back. We picked up mom in Elk Horn and headed to our first stop....A PEONY NURSERY in Maryville, MO. This place was awesome!! About 2-3 acres of peonies all in this farm. We walked around and picked out our favorites and ordered a bunch. They will be shipped to us in the fall :) Perfect time to plant them. Check out how BIG some of these are Jonny is so excited that he gets to dig up more sod so I can plant them this fall. ha ha
















Then we headed to Atchison, MO - where Nell Hill's (a home decor) store is at. Its a family favorite so we had to go. I got some neat pictures of the inside of the store. Check it out. This place is so neat. She also has a store in Kansas City too so of course we were going to hit that store too.


We took off to to Kansas City. we shopped around and eventually we were tired so we check into the hotel. I thought i had booked a room in the "AmericInn" but NOPE...i had booked us a room in the "AMERICAN INN". OMG!!! For anyone who knows those hotels, knows they are NOT clean. So we quickly called the men back home and they routed us to another hotel much better..Embassy Suites. Talk about night and day. So finally at 10pm we crashed in our nice, clean and huge room.




Saturday we hit the Downtown Farmer's Market in KC. It is the biggest farmer's market I have ever seen. We got ALOT of goodies and of course had to go buy a cooler to store it all. For some reason, the produce is so much cheaper there than Des Moines.

We shopped some more and hit Nell Hill's in KC and ate some more great food. We stayed again on Sat night and headed home early on Sunday.

It was a great trip. we had MANY laughs!!!! We all needed a little relaxtion away and fun to check out some neat places. I didn't get many pictures of mom, monica and I as thats hard to have someone always take them for us.
SORRY ABOUT THE FORMATTING...i hate blogspot sometimes

1 comment:

The Hamann Family said...

sounds like a fun/adventurous weekend for you girls!! :) Glad you had a good time!